Last Updated on Friday, 05 August 2011 21:18
Near Shore S.A. provides near shore and near sourcing development and services.
General Benefits of Near Shore Development & Services:
- Support in the same time zone as US clients
- Closer physical proximity to US clients
- A better cultural affinity/understanding for US clients
Benefits of Being in the Same Time Zone as the Client:
- Ability to support the Agile development methodology
- Real time review of requirements -- No more lost days playing email tag!
- Real time review of QA test results -- No more lost cycles!
- Real time review of change requests
- Real time meetings within the normal US work day
- No need for an extended work days to support teams in other time zones -- No more 4 AM phone meetings!
- Decreased wear and tear on managers managing remote teams (in comparison to off shore solutions)
- Lower travel expenses ($500 to $1000 to Costa Rica v. $4000 to India)
- Lower travel time (2.5 to 6 hour flight from US to Costa Rica v. multiple days lost traveling to India)
Speed is of the essence, so time proximity is becoming a winning value proposition for software development!
For more information on the benefits of Near Shore, please Contact Us or read the white paper below...
Near Shore v. Off Shore (White Paper 2011).pdf